Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Internet Safety Reflection

1. The article I chose to read was "Leave it Alone" by Elder Peterson
2. I felt as though most of the videos that I had watched were used more as a scare tactic and informational about what can happen to your children if you are not careful and observant. Most of the videos I watched were about young children who were using chat rooms and then going to meet the person face-to-face. I also watched one about cyber-bullying and about how to protect our students and and children from the internet, while teaching all the good things they can do on the internet.
3. The most important take-away message that I hope implement into my life is the special precautions to be aware of and to do to make sure that these things happen to anyone. I found it so interesting that young children were getting into chat rooms. My husband and I discussed that night about how we will use and monitor technology in our home. The overall take away message is simply discussing how it will be taught and enforced within the family.
4. The person I talked to was my mom. She knew very little about what could be done and focused mainly that you need to keep tabs on your children to see what they are doing on the internet and the computer. I remember as a child every time I was chatting online she would ask, who are you talking to? Her reaction to what I told her was basically that she agreed with everything I had shared. She was not surprised at all at how young and that children will meet strangers. It surprised me that she was not as surprised because the information had astonished me, but she already knew a lot of the information. I think they may put up some internet filters on the computer at home.I also believe they will just be aware of the things on the internet or computer that may be considered harmful.

Tasks 2-4 are complete (course evaluation, moodle grade check, and survey)

No comments:

Post a Comment